I was just met with this message when trying to connect to the RD Gateway Server (locally). Restarting the server will not fix it.
In my case this is a remote desktop terminal server hosting a remote app for my users. It doesn't seem to be having any affect on their usability.
What's interesting is that the same time that this started happening, I also started to not be able to open my Server Manager without it crashing. I have no idea if these are related yet.
I just read on another site to re-add the Default Web Site to IIS. Now I already have one called Default Site but who knows, it's worth a shot.
Here's how it said to do it:
- Open IIS Manager.
- Right-click Sites node under your machine in the Connections tree on the left side and click Add Website
- Enter "Default Web Site" as a Site name
- Set Application pool back to DefaultAppPool
- Set Physical path to %SystemDrive%\inetpub\wwwroot
- Leave Binding and everything else as is
Yup that did it.
Now to find out why Server Manager won't open.